Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Where in the World is - Chris and Lisa?

We started the day - opening our eyes around 10am.... whew hoo! nothing to do equals... yea nothing to do.

After our bowl of cereal, banana and yogurt... we headed off to Poipu Shopping Village. Of all things... we are on a qwest for a linen shirt. The first store I walk into.. I ask the woman "Do you have any linen shirts here? or if not any stores in the complex have something like this?"

For some reason I got a blank stare ... so I was compelled to keep explaning what exactly a linen shirt is. 1/2 way through I realized what was there to explain... it's a freakin shirt made of linen. yea needless to say I kept getting this look of - I have no idea what you are talking about... which made me disgusted with the lack of customer service these days. Chris made a good point though she's not being mean, she's just dumb.

Back to the reason why we are looking for a linen shirt... well I "actually" lugged the wedding dress to kauai for a North Shore photo shoot. yes I'm nuts! so with that I had dreams of Chris in his white linen shirt and khaki's. Yea oh wait... he left that at home. wah wah. So we had to find a replacement, which obviously there aren't such shirts on Hawaii.


On our way back we stopped by Old Koloa Town... which about 5 minutes in was pretty much like the P Village but old looking. Same ole' shops... hawaiian shirts, swim suits and ... yea nothing worth buying. We did however find our linen/hawaiian shirt - whew.













We also stopped by and chatted with some people from town.
Lunch was at Brick Oven Pizza... good stuff... and of course topped off our 1/2 hawaiian 1/2 pep, olives, mushrooms... with a LARGE salad! Then it was a stop at Scotty's music store. Why you may ask? Mr. Walbridge can't live more than 2 days without playing guitar. In Jamaica he brought his ukelele... this time we searched out a music store to get a little guitar. I end this with RT! $100+ for a mini guitar for a 9 day trip. something I have to live with I guess :)














Then on the way back ... more time at the pool.... we tried to hang out at the one near our wing, but I was being acted by flies (gross!) so we moved to the beach side option. It was much better and we enjoyed our first drink....









Also a strong RT sighting....
judge for yourself....













And at the bar ... another complete age check. "with sunglasses you look like you could be 18, what year were you born?" RT... what 18 year old wear's white Chanel's :)


Lastly dinner was booked tonight at Brennekes 7pm. I have to say not as good as last night for sure... but at least Chris and I had 15 min to take a walk on the beach. Should I be a freelance photographer or what?










No comments: