Saturday, August 23, 2008

America's Next Top Model - "wedding edition"

Well I must say it was quite the photo shoot. It started with driving an hour and 1/2 up to Princeville or the North Side of the island. We met Jen right before the beach area since she said it was a little tough on directions to get right to the spot. Here 's her website if you want to get an idea of her work.




Once there we trucked it down to the beach which was a little scary.... a lot of brush around and some pine cones that make walking straight down wobbly. Worst of it though was yet to come, we hit the beach and there was a lot of dark area covered by trees! That's where "they" hang out... Chris and I were attacked by misquitos - yikes it was scary! and here I'm trying to jump into my dress ASAP before getting eaten alive.

Right when I was able to get my dress on... the rain started! meow meow. I raced under the trees and hovered under an umbrella. It rained for at least 5 minutes and I wasn't sure when it was going to let up. Luckily, in HI this happens quite a bit and you just have to the let the clouds pass.


I'm sure we will have funny pics of me huddled, gripping my dress under an umbrella. After awhile though I just got over it... that's what a good dress cleaning is for when you get home.


The good news about the rain was all the people on the beach left, so it was really all ours. It was a beautiful scene. Clear blue water, lava rock, sunset....


Chris and I were definitely put to the test... climbing lava to get that perfect shot. I had to somehow balance that huge dress and climb sides of rock. Not to mention work our way around some tide pools. It was definitely "Tyra" style.


After all said and done it was fun, quite an adventure! and man I hope the pictures turn out.


We then head over to the Princeville Hotel for dinner at La Casata... When we got there we were totally amazed blown away by how massive this hotel was. It was like walking into the Bellagio, sculptures every where... huge fountains! Anyways we had a great dinner overlooking the water...


No comments: